Lentil, Red Pepper, Zucchini Pasta Sauce/Vegetarian or for Paleo Diets
Here is the Recipe.....Ready...set...go...
(1) Tablespoon EVOO (Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
(2) organic zucchini (cut into small pieces)
(1) organic Red Pepper (sliced into small pieces)
(1) Package of Organic Melissa's Steamed Lentils or (1) cup of dry organic lentils
(2) Tetra packs of Crushed Pomi Tomatoes
(3) Organic Cloves of Garlic
(1) Package of Jovial Rice Pasta Spaghetti or any other shape you want
Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Oregano and Basil
Sautee the pepper and zucchini and garlic with the olive oil until semi soft, season as you wish. In the Croq Pot add the lentils, tomatoes, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, add the pepper and zucchini mixture to the Croq Pot...stir...season as you wish....add a little water about 1/2 cup or 1/2 cup red wine...let it simmer on Medium in the Croq for about 6 hrs.....you can also make this on the stove in a pot but it tastes better when it has been cooking longer.
When ready to eat, boil the water for the pasta, add a little salt to the water, add pasta cook per directions...voila!!! You can add some goat cheese crumbles or Parmesan as you wish and some fresh basil leaves on top for a "pretty plate". For those of you who would like to add some meat, organic chorizo sausage or organic spicy italian chicken sausage taste amazing in the sauce or you could even add ground organic grass fed beef, but remember to brown the meat and or sausage in a saute pan before adding it to the Croq Pot...Bon Appetit!!!!!